iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS bleh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infamswun, Aug 16, 2010.

1. infamswun

infamswun New Member

I am trying to help my friend jailbreak his somewhat fresh iPhone 3GS device. It never has been jailbroken as he didn't believe in what JB can offer.

But he finally gave in and wanted to JB it. He installed 4.0.2 when the update came. I helped him downgrade back to 4.0 thinking it may be easier to JB it.

I spent a good amount of hours just reading articles found with google. They seem to be somewhat scattered and have different methods. The articles confused me as most of them were initially talking about the 3GS and midway focused on 3G and forgot about 3GS. It does not have SHSH blobs. But mostly all these different programs confused me.

Things I tried.
    *Downgrade to 3.1.3 (Error 3194 or whatever, No success especially with no SHSH)
    *Jailbreakme (A good hundred times in a 3 hour span, still no success.)

Information:
    *Fresh iPhone without any prior jailbreak.
    *Running 4.0 OS (Although I am not sure if the downgrade opened back up the hole that 4.0.2 patched)
    *Old Bootrom (593.3 found on Win7)
    *Baseband: 5.13.04 (Don't really need unlock as his carrier is AT&T)

I am using a Windows computer to do all this. But if it necessary I can find a Mac.

I want to know is it still possible to JB as of right now. And if there is, what windows program should I use. (I have JB my iPtouch just fine so I am familiar with the terms and process at least.)
  2. oookkaaaaay

oookkaaaaay Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    No SHSHs no jailbreak. Sorry.
  4. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    the iPhone is on 4.0 if you didn't see.
    but go to jailbreakme.com on the iphone
  5. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    but he said he was on 4.0.2 then downgraded....if he didnt have shsh he couldnt have done that :S.. quickly backup 4.0.1 then restore to that
  6. infamswun

infamswun New Member

I just tried jailbreak me today again at random hours with his phone which just closes down Safari as soon as I finish the 'slide' of the webapp.

I don't know why the downgrade worked but he does not have any shsh saved which I was pretty surprised when it did. Maybe they are still signing 4.0s if that is the term to use.
  7. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member