iOS 4.0 Iphone 3gs 4.0GM restore 3.1.3 Error 1015

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iphonee, Jun 22, 2010.

1. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Im using iphone 3gs and running 4.0 Gm I went to restore to 3.1.3 to see if it would work knowing it wouldent let me because it wont let anyone downgrade but this one let me restore till the end its got the apple status on the iphone but then it says error The Iphone could not be restored an Unknown Error occured 1015 anyone know how to get it off the dfu mode and go back to 4.0 or should I just restore and update to 4.0 from itunes?
  2. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hm... You can try restoring to the official 4.0 then downgrade to 3.1.3 and do you have ur blobs backed up?
  3. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there is no point going to 3.1.3
  4. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait so you just want to get out of dfu mode? and go to 4.0?

Edit: So if you want to do so, do a hard reboot. Hold the power and home button until the apple logo shows up.
  5. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I believe error 1015 is the error you get when you try to downgrade because your baseband does not match your firmware (your baseband is still at the version installed with iOS 4). Your phone should be in recovery mode now. You can get out of it by using iRecovery (this will let you stay at 3.1.3). Alternatively, you should be able to do a regular restore in iTunes if you just want to go back to 4.0.