iPhone 3GS iphone 3GS 32GB disk space disappearing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanksralljeter45, Mar 16, 2010.

1. yanksralljeter45

yanksralljeter45 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok, I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB on 3.1.2 jailbroken using blackra1n. I have had no problems for the last 3 months. I did have about 15 GB of disk space left but suddenly the other day I noticed that when I was looking at SBSettings that number was reducing automatically by 8 mb about every 10-20 seconds or so. I then held in the power button and the home button and the regular number came back. But then the same thing started happening again. As of now I have 0mb on /var and forcing it to shut down is not helping. I did some digging in iFile and found that it says that my /var/mobile/library folder is about 16 GB large but I checked the individual contents of the folder and they definitely don't add up to 16 GB. I don't know what the problem is. If anyone has an idea about what I can do without restoring that would be great.
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you go to settings>general>about?
  3. djk1

djk1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the same thing happened to me. Check to see if you have rock app installed. I think rock app is creating a log that's huge. (/var/mobile/library/ryp/logs
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Rock is definitely behind this, uninstall is a permanent solution, Rock is very unstable
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Not only is rock unstable, it's under developed in my opinion. We've been Cydia followers since it all started, leave it to the original.

Do a full DFU restore, and then re-jailbreak if you wish.. With Cydia.
  6. yanksralljeter45

yanksralljeter45 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh yes, thanks a million guys. Rock was absolutely the problem. I uninstalled it and rebooted and that took care of the problem. You saved me from having to restore. My sms app wasn't working and I wasn't able to take notes. Thanks again.
  7. legion

legion Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had this problem too, quite aggravating