iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seipokgaicalv, Mar 27, 2010.

1. seipokgaicalv

seipokgaicalv New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My friends iphone was originally jailbroken by blackra1n, after i installed SBSettings and the whole install script ran as usual with cydia a button came up that said 'reboot' when i clicked it the iphone turned off and when it came back on it went onto the screen with the usb cable with an arrow pointing to the itunes icon with 'iTunes' written below it.

I tried to restore it back to the normal iPhone 1.3.2 firmware by shift clicking on itunes and it couldn't verify the IPSW. I tried a couple other jailbreaking programs and same issue with redsn0w and it came up with "Unable to recognize specified IPSW"

Any idea's?
  2. Flyboibaby

Flyboibaby New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    connect it to the computer and wait till u see the iphone connected to itune then use blackra1n and jailbreak it again
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think you were supposed to restore. All you needed to do was plug it in and run blackra1n again. Now there's no way of restoring to 3.1.2 because it will force you to 3.1.3. Do you know if he backed up his SHSH Signatures in cydia?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Welcome to a tethered jailbreak. Read up on programs before you decide to run them.

Unless you saved your friends SHSH blob in Cydia under Sauriks server, then you are screwed restore and jailbreak wise for the time being.
  5. seipokgaicalv

seipokgaicalv New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mmm i didnt end up restoring it because the IPSW wasnt recognized anyway which was weird.

Was it just because it was tethered? Because first thing i tried was plug it into my comp and run blackra1n and it showed some painting of a guy with a couple iphones below his face which i just thought was blackra1ns mascot or icon or whatever and it had the message that said "wait for the iphone to reboot" but after awhile the screen just went black and nothing had happened ..