iPhone 3GS iphone 3gs 3.1.2, 05.11.07, iboot 359.3.2: unteathered jb and unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lucylew, Jun 21, 2010.

1. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi Guys,

Based on what I read, I believe my iphone 3gs can be unteathered jb and unlocked. But I'm a bit confused:

1. What is the significance of iboot 359.3.2? I have firmware 3.1.2 with 05.11.07 baseband.

2. I think blackra1n and blacksn0w can be used to jb 3gs and unlock it. What other tools available? Which one is THE BEST? I seem to recall I read somewhere that blackra1n/sn0w can make wifi not working...

Thanks much!

Lucy
  2. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Ultrasn0w 0.93
  3. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I personally would recommend upgrading to 3.1.3 and jailbreaking or unlocking or to 4.0 if you're on a mac using pwnagetool.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    But you can use Ultrasn0w or blacsn0w from the cydia.pushfix.info repo i believe.. that one works with 3.1.3 and doesnt have any problems as far as i saw when i used it..
  4. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks you - I only have windows/pc.

Why it's better to upgrade to 3.1.3? I thought we generally don't want to do that.

And could you guys please post some links for unlocking the 3gs with 3.1.2? I see there's lots of info on jb under tutorial but no info on unlocking...

thanks again!
  5. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You can jailbreak with spirit (http://spiritjb.com) on 3.1.2 and preserve your baseband to unlock with blacksn0w. I believe in cydia theres an app called blacksn0w to unlock your iphone.
  6. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks.

First I'd like to confirm: 3.1.2 with iboot 359.3.2 CAN be unteathered jailbroken, correct? (I guess the significance of iboot version is related to jb?)

Then back to my original question, which jb/unlock method is better (stable)? I really like the simplicity of blackra1n and blacksn0w.

7. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    any comments on blackra1n vs. spirit?