iPhone 3G iPhone 3G won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dapallox1, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dapallox1

dapallox1 New Member

It seems as though a lot of people are having this problem and it has yet to be solved. So let me attempt to explain my situation, and if I leave anything out, please feel free to ask. First, a friend of mine gave me the phone because someone had given it to him saying that it was broken. So I turn it on, and the pineapple logo comes up, then it goes to the steve jobs "restore mode" logo thing. So I attempt to restore to a normal firmware, and everything seems to be going fine until iTunes gets to "Waiting for Iphone." And hangs. And the iPhone loads all the way, but then hangs once the progress bar reaches 100%. I've tried a few other things as well. Such as using winpwn to create a custom fw and then using iTunes to restore with it. But when I try that, the iphone hangs at the apple logo with the spinning dial thing at the bottom.

From what I can tell, the computer knows that the phone is still there. I hear it disconnect, then reconnect, and start loading. But once again, it hangs. :/ I've read plenty of forums of people having this problem, and still no one has been able to fix it.

EDIT:
    Here are a few notes to include.
    I'm running Vista 64 bit, but have tried on an XP and Vista 32 bit with the same problem
    I've tried DFU mode (yes, the correct way)
    I've tried different usb ports and sync cables.
    I've tried 2.0 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 fw.
    I still probably forgot to mention a few things, but I'll add them as i remember. I've tried almost everything there is... :/
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Try a DFU.
  3. dapallox1

dapallox1 New Member

i have... And yes, i put it in dfu the correct way.
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    iPhone 3G can not operate on any OS below 2.1.1. (I believe). If unlocking is an issue try 2.2.
  5. dapallox1

dapallox1 New Member

well, winpwn 2.5 only offers 2.0 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 for 3g ... so unless it's a typo or something in the program... :/
  6. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    restore to 2.2 and then quickpwn it.....
    dont use winpwn.
  7. dapallox1

dapallox1 New Member

now, im not exactly worried about re jailbreaking it right now... i just want to get it working. I'll try restoring at 2.2 and if that works then sure, i'll jailbreak it. But i haven't even been able to get it to restore. Should i use iTunes 7.5? or the newest?
  8. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Use iTunes 8.1
  9. dapallox1

dapallox1 New Member

still same problem... I'm not sure what fw version was on it when it was jailbroken either. Maybe that could have something to do with it? it's like the phone and itunes can't communicate anymore... im out of ideas, but not ready to give up!
  10. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What's the error you are getting trying to restore to 2.2?