iPhone 3G Without AT&T Sneaky Plan

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by omgvinnyd, Jun 12, 2008.

1. omgvinnyd

omgvinnyd New Member

Okay I've been seeing these losers ((no offense)) talk about using different carriers with the iPhone 3G. It took me quite some time to figure out but I have the correct information so if a moderator would do me a favor and sticky this perhaps.

So lets say you want to ge the iPhone 3G 8gb for $199 and hey you want a basic plan for the classic $70 or &80 for that matter. Given the terriffic effort of your friends of the iPhone and iPod Touch Hacking community, hopefully someone, or some group may be able to get this baby unlocked. Hopefully in that time it will be 30 days. Why 30 days? Cause after 30 days you may cancel your contract with AT&T with a fee also known as Early Termination Fee or ETF. The most expensive ETF for AT&T i have heard recently is $175. If you cancel your contract before the 30 days they will require you to return the iPhone 3G and pay the ETF.

So keep the iPhone between 30-40 days for good luck. If the unlock is available then with your recently freed iPhone 3G from Apple may be used with your other phone service you have used before.

On another note, slightly after you get an AT&T service, postpone your phone service plan with whoever ((lets say T-Mobile)). Phone companies pause the contract/billing time cause some parents do "take the cellular phone away" as punishment for their children and their wrong doings.

8gb iPhone 3G-$199
    Basic AT&T Plan-$70
    ETF-$175
    TOTAL-$445

16gb iPhone 3G-$299
    Basic AT&T Plan-$70
    ETF-$175
    TOTAL-$545

Happy Hacking Everyone,
    VinnyD

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i'm sure people are gonna find a way to cheat the system, like just not paying, and stuff like that!
  3. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    have you read the home page? 'pparently you have to 'untether' your iPhone, before you do anything...
  4. iGeo

iGeo New Member

Why risk that in 30 days it might be unlockable. Why not just wait until it has been actually unlocked, and then go buy one. :S
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I might be purchasing the official AT&T plan, after all.
  6. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I hope T-Mobile do PAYG cheap...
  7. omgvinnyd

omgvinnyd New Member

What i really do not understand is that why would AT&T let you tether ((unbrick)) the iPhone 3G when they only want the profit for themselves?