iPhone 3G Iphone 3G VS Ipod Touch 2g (wifi)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pabalabalo, Oct 29, 2009.

1. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    So I have owned the 1g and 2g Ipod touch(s?) and currently own an Iphone 3g. When on my ipods I never had any wifi problems whatsover. It would usually connect and stay connected just fine.
    My Iphone, when I first bought it ( from a friend) was a little iffy on wifi but evened out eventually and behaved like my previous ipods, working fine. However, I have done two things recently to it. I replaced the backing and installed a the new firmware 3.1.2 and since one of the two the wifi is very weak. Unlike other's who say after upgrading that they have no wifi at all, I just have a crippled signal.
    Now today I was fixing my old ipod(sold to a friend and they said it got stuck in restore mode btw its on 3.0fw) and afterwards in SBSettings I set both my Iphone and the Ipod touch 2g's wifi to numeric. Up in my room my Iphone 3g is currently getting -92 signal strength while the ipod touch is in the -50's or -60's.
    Why is this? Is it the firmware upgrade? could it be my Iphone's wifi antenna? Or is the ipod touch's wifi simply better? please help as this has been driving me insane for quite some time and I wasn't sure of the problem until I compared it to my old Ipod Touch 2G. thanks!
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its most likely the replaced back than anything else...
  3. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    So in anyone else's experience has the Ipod touch usually been faster? And do you think a replacement antenna would be my best bet?

Ok I am an idiot. When comparing the pics of the antenna online to where it should be in my iphone, a part of it is missing.... I have no idea how it went missing but what I think is the main part of the antenna is actually missing from my iphone. Guess I'll scrounge around for the part or just order a new antenna and problem solved!
  4. ferrari234

ferrari234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    yes this is true sadly

Please Register or Log in to view images

The iPod touch was released later than the iPhone giving it more time for technology development. and When i tested boths downloading speed on my wifi iPhone 3G tops at 5800kb and iPod touch 6300Kb
  5. j70LAR_J3EAR

j70LAR_J3EAR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i tought the 3g was supposed to be better