iPhone 3G unlocking not worth it.

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by mlbplayer456, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

I might of misunderstood. But is it true that when you buy an iphone off of apple's website you have to sign a contract on the site or on activation? Cause if thats true then there's no point.
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, it's true. You have to sign up for a 2-year contract (I think it's 2 years).
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, because you must sign a contract when you purchase a 3G iPhone, there's no use for unlocking.

Any purchase of a 3G iPhone will have a contract.
  4. Hooligan123

Hooligan123 New Member

5. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. a9205

a9205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What are you guys talking about. Contract or no contract you will still be able to buy one and "hopefully if the dev-team can work there magic again" unlock it.

There will always be iphones on ebay and you could alway get someone with an AT&T contract to buy one for you. Then take it home and unlock it. They will never stop online sales of the iPhone from apples site. A huge portion of apples sales come from there site. Getting rid of that would just be stupid.

Relax ladies! Julys not a long wait.
  8. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well i think we will see whenthe iphone 3g officially comes out in the different countries....and see wuts the strategy of apple/the company in the respective country strategy about the selling and contracts..... i bet here in mexico even if they try to do the contract thing well there will be some businesses selling unlocked iphone 3gs.... and i think ill be one of those .. well ill try lol.. (i dont even have a business hehe)
  9. sokolov1

sokolov1 New Member

I paid £259.99 for my iPod Touch so why wouldn't i pay £10 more for a 3G iPhone. But i do have one question : If i got a pay as you go iPhone and used the internet would it take credit or is the internet free on the iPhone?
  10. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

it takes credit out...... so it would take alot of ur payofyourgo...lol..... and dont forget that u would have to get a pay as u go 3g chipset to take full advantage of the 3g option in the iphone..... thing that im not sure really exist