iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ramrodtm, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Hi I have an unlocked iPhone 3G with firmware 3.0.1. It is getting progressively slower the more and more I use it so I'm planning on restoring it and try a newer firmware. Can I use the iTunes updater and update to 4.0 and then unlock from there? Or do I have to update to a firmware before 4.0? I really appreciate the help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I was also wondering if I could save my contacts before or if I have to lose them during the update. Thanks!
  2. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am wondering the same thing.
  3. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Yeah my iPhone is starting to lag and I'm not able to download apps because I'm on an outdated firmware. Have they released anyway to jailbreak and unlock 4.0 on an iPhone 3g?
  4. Ryanf

Ryanf Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When you update the FW it automaticaly updtates the BB. Just follow the tutorial above and you should be fine. Make sure you place the phone in DFU mode and click Restore in iTunes instead of upgrade
  6. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Thank you very much for the help! The only problem I have now is with my contacts. I don't want to lose them because I don't have a backup and my iPhone is synced to another computer that recently broke.