iOS 4.0 Iphone 3G - Ultrasn0w issues with T-Mobile UK

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fenney, Jul 7, 2010.

1. fenney

fenney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi Guys!

I've got a 3G Iphone on iOS4, jaibroken with the newest redsn0w (beta 5?) and unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.93. All works fine but my network connection drops randomly (I'm using T-Mobile UK - the phone is locked to O2 as standard in the UK). I can get the network back by turning on airplane mode for a minute or so then turning it off and it comes back after 3-4 minutes. I've checked all the APN settings and am lost for ideas; does anyone have any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me MAD!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Many thanks for reading!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you sure it was the latest redsn0w beta (0.9.5b5-5)? There were APN and MMS issues with the previous one (0.9.5b5-4) which may cause issue on some networks (I lost my tether functionality for example)... you can run the latest redsn0w beta in-situ and just unclick Cydia (if you already have it installed) to patch over the APN/MMS problem.
  3. fenney

fenney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the idea Stu but yes, I started with 0.9.5b5-3 then moved to 0.9.5b5-5 but there's been no change... :-(

Any other ideas guys?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then I could only suggest trying an ultrasn0w uninstall/reinstall or overall restore... best wait to see if anyone else has any better ideas.