Iphone 3G UK - Unlocked or not?

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by flashcus, Jun 9, 2008.

1. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've collected a few bits of evidence for and against.

1) On the o2 website it says "New iphone coming July 11th. Only on o2" But they seem to put only on o2 on everything. Also, i don't know whether this means you can only buy it from o2.

2) On the Apple website it doesn't mention that it is locked to o2 anywhere. It says you can buy it from o2 but again, it could just mean you can only buy it from o2, not that it is locked to o2. That way apple would get more sales, but it would encourage people to use o2.

3) Like someone mentioned and i noticed, no carrier logo on the photos!

4) On apple website where on the US site it says you need a 2 year contract with AT&T it says "Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for details." YOUR CARRIER!

Please post and i will add more and eventually maybe come to a conclusion. I hope it is unlocked it would be awesome!
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Read the fine print at http://www.apple.com/iphone, it's at the bottom. That b*tch is still locked don't worry.
  3. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually i was talking about UK, see first post for more now!
  4. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yep I agree. There is also a macrumors article claiming it will be pay as you go from a "source" if it is unlocked that would be awesome