iPhone 3G iphone 3g stuck on apple logo and another question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 432521, Sep 24, 2010.

1. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay so i just bought a iphone 3g off my friend it worked fine and then all of a sudden when I tried to turn it on last night it was stuck on the apple logo. I did not get a chance to even jailbreak it, she never did either, and I am pretty sure that the phone is on 3.1.3. So what do I do? Do I restore it to 4.1 because from my understanding I can't just restore it to 3.1.3 because I don't have any shsh blobs. Also I am using T-mobile so I need to jailbreak and unlock the phone so I can use it. I had tried to jailbreak before using jailbreakme.com but it did not work so I just turned it off putting it off until 4.1 jailbreak unlock and jailbreak came out. Well now I guess I have to upgrade directly to 4.1 without any 3.1.3 blobs. When I do so it will upgrade my baseband right? I have no idea if it is the old bootrom or new. Will it matter if my baseband is upgraded? Will it effect my ability to unlock?
  2. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    On a 3G all you should need to do is shift + Restore to the desired firmware. But if you're on 3.1.3 right now I'd try using redsn0w first. The current baseband (02.10.04 I think) is unlockable. redsn0w should let you create a jailbroken and hacktivated 3.1.3 firmware to restore to.
  3. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Like I said my 3g is stuck on the apple logo, I can not get any further than that. Can I still restore to 3.1.3 even though I don't have any shsh blobs?

Also my itunes is not even detecting my iphone
  4. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Try DFU or recovery mode maybe?
  5. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Once again can someone tell me if I can restore to 3.1.3 without shsh blobs. This iphone 3g has never been jailbroken meaning no shsh blobs for anything. Also if I can't and I end up having to go directly to 4.1 will I still be able to unlock since I won't be able to do anything to stop my baseband from upgrading.

Right now my phone is stuck on the apple logo. It is not moving be on this point at all. I have had it on for 20 mins and still on apple logo. I did the hard reset and tried to turn it on and still stuck on apple logo.
  6. Nascarhappyfan

Nascarhappyfan Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    You don't need SHSH blobs on iPhone 3G. They are needed on iPhone 3Gs and iPod Touch 3rd gen. So you can jailbreak it directly!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And yeah, use Spirit! Just restore to original 3.1.3 firmware, after, activate the phone in iTunes, then, close iTunes and run Spirit. It's untethered so that means you don't have to connect your iPhone each time it shuts down! Simple as that man. P.S Spirit can be found on google, just search. Oh, here you go: http://spiritjb.com/