iPhone 3G iphone 3g simlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s-card, Feb 8, 2009.

1. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi guys, sorry for my ignorance,, but i dont have any experience with iphones..(only itouch)..

anyway so i have my friends iphone 3g, i updated it via itunes to 2.2.1 on my laptop to jailbreak it using yellowsnow....but after update..it says (sim locked).....any ideas?...is this normal..shall i carry on? all i did was update it via itunes on my laptop
  2. pethrusch

pethrusch New Member

Once you have updated the firmware to 2.2.1, the baseband gets updated to 02.30.03. Yellowsn0w does not work with 02.30.03 baseband at the moment. So you can't unlock using Yellowsn0w, sry.
    Basicly your stuck with a Ipod Touch with a camera until dev team figures out how to crack the new baseband.

a tip though:
    you can buy rebel sim card (google rebelsimcard)
    seems to work.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, you don't jailbreak with Yellowsnow, you use it to unloack the phone after a jailbreak. Do you need to have the phone unlocked or does the owner use the normal carrier?
  4. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok she told me the psswrd to unlock simcard - 1234...

i got the new bassband,...cant i downgrade back to old baseband? and 2.2?

if so how ?

also once on 2.2 ....how do i create a custom FW to update to 2.1 but keep old basband?

cheers
  5. pethrusch

pethrusch New Member

as jpga13 said. You don't use Yellowsn0w to jailbreak, only to unlock the phone so that you can use any carrier you want.

If you want to jailbreak the phone I recommend you visit dev teams blog

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

There you should find the information on how to downgrade, create custom FW, jailbreak and unlock an Iphone. (if possible)
  6. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bro, i understand yellowsnow is for unlocking lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

my problem was (i gave the phone bak now, she is leaving the country tomorrowz lol) ...it was updated to 2.2.1 which installs the new baseband modem fw- which coherently is incompatible with the latest rls of Y.S...

I wanted to know if i could downgrade a 2.2.1 (3g) to 2.2 so the bb would return to the compatible firmware, so i could use yellow snow to unlock it *after jb it of course*

i think it isnt possible to do so though...the 2,2.1 installs the bb software *permenantly* ...so just have to wait for a YS update to work with a 2.2.1 (unconfigured) fw

please correct me if im wrong

plus thx for all your time people

7. pethrusch

pethrusch New Member

haha sry. ok

you are correct sir, hang tight for new YS
  8. dunneskiii0030

dunneskiii0030 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Heeeeeeelllllllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so yesterday my friend sold me his iPhone 3G to me for a $100 and it was working fine where as I could use all the applications. So when i got home I decided to plug it into my computer and put all of my stuff on it but it restored, so now It says I need a SIM card to put in. I really need helpc becuz I cant even get to the unlcok screen it says emergency calls only. And also i don't even want to use it as a phone just as an iPod so any help is much appreciated thanks.