iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Service Contract Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zeldawg, Oct 24, 2009.

1. zeldawg

zeldawg Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The other day I was thinking about buying an iPhone 3G. I was reading up and found something in the AT&T Service Contract. It says

"If you terminate your service for any reason other than (a) in accordance with the cancellation policy; or (b) pursuant to a change of terms, conditions or rates as set forth below, you agree to pay us with respect to each device identifier or telephone number assigned to you, in addition to all other amounts owed, an Early Termination Fee of $175."
    Then it says
    "You may terminate this Agreement within thirty (30) days after activating service without paying an Early Termination Fee. You will pay for service fees and charges incurred through the termination date, but AT&T will refund your activation fee, if any, if you terminate within three (3) days of activating the service."

So I was wondering if I could purchase an iPhone from the apple store, cancel it within three days, and only end up paying the $99 for the iPhone. Can anyone help me out?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I believe you will also have to return the iPhone (or pay full price for it).
  3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think its pay the first month or something, then you can cancel completely, and keep the phone. Not sure, but its been posted, look around =p
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

try searching around Kijiji or craigslist for some local deals. you'll be surprised on how cheap you can find a BNIB 3G iPhone.