iPhone 3G[S] ToneFXs/Cydia/SSH problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sayma3, Jul 8, 2009.

1. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey guys, so I have Jailbroken the 3G no problem. I have been installing apps from cydia and stumbled across ToneFXs, and with it being on the featured section, I figured it would be stable, but obviously not.

When the springboard restarted, after sliding my finger along the bottom to unlock, it freezes at the end and goes into safe mode. I would have normally used cydelete, but this is made unavailable in safe mode.
    I also have SBSettings, which also doesn't work in Safemode. My big problem is that cydia was in the dock of SBSettings, and now I can't access it, I can't seem to SSH into the iphone, it just doesn't find it (eventhough it was previously turned on before safe mode).

Anyone got any ideas how I can delete ToneFXs, as this seems to be the app causing the problem?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try Using Cyder. A desktop based Cydia manager. Link Here
  3. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok I tried that and I could see a file in the cydia cache which looked like something for toneFXs but when respringing/ restarting the iPhone, the icon is still there. Any other ideas? Is there something I'm not doing right?
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try downloading CyDelete, then deleting the app by holding down your finger so that all the apps wiggle, then click the little Cross in the top right corner.
  5. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I already have cydelete but it doesn't work in safe mode... Is there any other way you can think of? Is there any other way into sbsettings? Or does it just not work at all when in safe mode?
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Most things do not work in Safe mode, so if it constantly boots into safe mode you might have to restore. But if you can't SSH in normally then try SSHing in with iPhoneBrowser - Link Here
  7. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    this just happened to me too. try exiting safe mode or restarting. As soon as it's active go straight to cydia and delete the app. Mine stopped crashing once i did that but noW cydia sources are all messed up. Lesson learned: DO NOT USE ToneFX ON 3GS.
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd suggest ya'll just restore and rejailbreak, ToneFX is EVIL it makes a mess when installed and won't go away after uninstalled. I tried it myself months ago on my 3G and just restored. It's all to protect the stupid app from being pirated or having a circumvented liscence.
  9. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well i just installed Icy and deleted cydia. Installed SBSettings and everything is working fine as far as i can tell. not sure if I'm going to bother reinstalling cydia since i got all the basic utilities already.
  10. liamib

liamib New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ive got the same problem with my 2g touch, what was i supposed to do once i deleted the app that caused it to crash from the cydia cashe in cyder?
    thanks