iPhone 3G iphone 3g s (not 3.0) battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caliskimmer, Jun 26, 2009.

1. caliskimmer

caliskimmer Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just a quick question. With my perfectionism, it's important for me to know everything is working. My iphone 3g s was down to 95% after 25 min. of browsing. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with the battery. Note: I just got this 2 days ago. If this is normal, how long does the battery last?
    notes:
    3g on
    push email off
    wifi off
    brightness a little below half

Thanks.
    P.S. I did search and found a post about 3.0 battery life, but I really want to know if my "3G S" is working normally.
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    How do you have a 3GS running below 3.0? Is it possible?

ON TOPIC: Is bluetooth on?
  3. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats normal. I have push, bluetooth, and notifications off. My brightness is about 25%. Mine goes down about 10% every hour with moderate to heavy usage. It last me a bit more than 3/4 of my day.
  4. caliskimmer

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks so is this due to the fact that 3.0 Is new or that apple lied about the battery being better? And yes I do have 3.0. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I could have sworn that my 3g had way Better battery life on 2.2.1 with the same settings
  5. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    in the WWDC I think it said 9 hours abusing it
  6. _Syn

_Syn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did notice a big change in the battery life of my iPod Touch 2G on 3.0.
  7. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good or bad change?

Also,

How long would you guys say these settings would last for the iPhone 3gs(if you use it moderately a day)?
    -3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Push off
    -Brightness 30-40%
  8. caliskimmer

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's it I'm taking this thing in! A 12% battery change in 5 minutes with EVERYTHING turned off is very bad. I must have a defective battery. At least I'm still under warranty.
  9. Carriermonkey

Carriermonkey New Member

Well obviously there's something wrong if it's dropping 12% in 5 minutes with everything off.

Regarding your original post though, in case anyone comes by later wondering the same thing, 5% in about a half hour is actually pretty good for iPhone 3GS battery life while browsing with 3G. Figure that means 1 hour per 10%, or 10 hours total.

Here's what Apple claims:
    "iPhone 3GS offers up to 5 hours of talk time on 3G, 12 hours of talk time on 2G, 5 hours of Internet use on 3G, 9 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video playback, or 30 hours of audio playback on a full charge at original capacity. In addition, iPhone features up to 300 hours of standby time."
  10. caliskimmer

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I thought is it was good until last night, when the battery kept dropping really fast, with nothing on. No push, no bluetooth, no notifications. Heck, I tried edge instead of 3g and it was falling just as fast. I tried to see a difference in notifications on and off... no difference. I tried to turn push email on to see a difference...nada. I see what you mean though, so when I get this problem solved, then I will hopefully see a change in battery life with everything off.