iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Restore Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JakeMan, Aug 20, 2010.

1. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Like the title says, this iPhone 3G is being quite a stinker. It was on 4.0.2 before my friend gave it to me, and I wanted to jailbreak it. I forgot about good ol' redsn0w, so I tried to restore it when I realized, "Oh crap I could have used redsn0w.."

Anyways, I first tried DFU restoring to 3.1.3. The progress bar in iTunes stops at about 99% or so and the bar on the iPhone hangs around at a little past halfway. I've left it for some time, nothing happens. So I tried DFU restoring to 3.1.2. Same thing. I have my SHSHs backed up and tried 4.0. Same thing. I'm doubtful that a 4.0.2 restore would make a difference, but my internet speed at our other house (where I am) is so incredibly slow that it would take over an hour to download. I'll start it now and update this if anything changes.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?
  2. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

You don't even need SHSH blobs to downgrade iPhone 3G. It should downgrade then say error and be stuck in recovery mode then you have to use a program to kick it out of recovery mode. Just download 4.0.2 firmware and restore back to that. That would be the easiest.
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I need SHSHs for 4.0+. 4.0.2 is giving me the same problems, and I can't kick it out of recovery. I've used the Umbrella tool and it goes right back to recovery. I tried some iRecovery and it told me I have 3 Panic Fail Counts.

EDIT: Fixed using another computer. iTunes howled at me sometimes when using my working iPod, so I decided to use our ancient (but still working) laptop. It worked

Please Register or Log in to view images