iOS 4.0 iphone 3g questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hackxyz, Aug 15, 2010.

1. hackxyz

hackxyz New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    does the 16 gb iphone 3g have the upgraded parts that the ipod touch 3g 32 and 64 gb have??

and if its unlocked, and i have to restore it for any reason, will it still be unlocked?

and if i get a sim card, and its unlocked, i can go with any cell phone provider with no contract? what cell phone providers do you guys use? what plans?
    how much are sim cards

also, is the latest software for iphone/ipod touch jailbreakable?

and is there anything i should watch out for when buying a used one? i heard some problems about getting locked out or something when connecting to itunes?
  2. rykah

rykah Member

I don't know.
    I don't think so.
    No.
    Depends on what you use.
    Contact the seller if this happens.
  3. hackxyz

hackxyz New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    anyone actually know?
  4. rykah

rykah Member

You need to be more specific. What are you asking about? That guy had like 6 questions.
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. No, the 16GB iPhone 3G does NOT have any upgraded parts whatsoever
    It has the same hardware (CPU/GPU/RAM) as the iPhone 2G, 1s and 2nd gen iPod

Only the iPhone 3GS has upgraded "parts" along with the iPhone 4 and 32GB/64GB 3G iPod

2. Yes assuming you unlocked your iPhone, once you restore and return to stock firmware you will loose the unlock, you will have to jailbreak and unlock again.

3/4. One the USA once unlocked the only other carrier apart from AT&T you can use is T-Mobile edge (aka 2G mode). Most of the time Sim cards are free or very cheap

5. On the iPhone 3G,iPod touch 2G, iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) the lastest OS "jailbreakable" is 4.0.2.
    On the iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), late iPod 2G (MC model/new bootrom), iPod 3G and iPhone 4 the latest firmware than can be jailbroken is 4.0.1

6. I don't know, ask around

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. hackxyz

hackxyz New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    when you say iphone 3gs, that means iphones that are 3rd gen 32gb + is there such thing as a 16 gb 3gs?
  7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    1. Uhm, the iPod Touch 2G is faster than all previous devices, but slower than all newer devices.
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Correction, is clocked slightly faster at 533MHz vs 412MHz,it still uses the exact same underclocked ARM11 CPU

Yes the iPhone 3GS originally came in 16GB and 32GB models, now apple is producing only 8GB iPhone 3GS

Dont confuse it with iPods
    3rd gen iPods come only in 32GB and 64GB