iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zelda4Touch, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Right ok, I have an iPod touch 1G and I was bitterly disapointed with apples recent event. I, like many of you believed that the iPod touch was to recieve a camera and now I think im gonna get an iPhone (probably) but keep my iPod touch 1G because i've had it almost 2 years so no point in selling it. I want to clear something up though. On the apple site (UK) it says you can get an iPhone 3G for £352.50 or something like that. Now I know this is pay as you go, but on the US site you can get an iPhone 3G for $99, is this a pay as you go, or must you buy some sort of plan e.g AT&T in other words a contract?

If yoo dont have PAYG in your country, its basically a one off payment, where you buy the device but dont buy a contract
  2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 3G for $99 is with a contract. 2 year contract I believe.
  3. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright, so apple in the US don't do pay as you go?
  4. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You could but you would be paying much more because you would have to buy the phone without the plan. Then after you buy it you could put a SIM from an AT&T gophone in it and use it as pay as you go.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Like iMario mentioned the $99 is with a two year contract. AT&T is the only carrier in the U.S. that Apple will sell the iPhone through. AT&T does have a pay as you go plan (they call it their "Go Phone") but it is not available with the iPhone (legitimately).

You can buy a new iPhone from Apple without a contract for $399 (I believe; their pricing guide is a little vague).

Honestly your best bet is to find a good used one; but that is just my opinion.

Link to Apple's pricing page: prices are in footnote number 1.