iPhone 3G- Preserve Baseband

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by madcowz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So, I ws reading chronicdev's Google Code and found how to preserve the baseband on an iPhone firmware update.

If you mount the RESTORE ramdisk, and go to /usr/local/share/restore/ you will find something called options.plist.

If you modify the "UpgradeBaseband" (no quotes) property on that list so that its value is 0 instead of whatever it is (probably 1), then it will preserve the baseband.

So if someone gets the Decryption Key, then we can upgrade our iPhone 3G's! This is what Dev-Team is working on right now; maybe someone wants to help. The key to ramdisks needs to be found, though. That is the major roadblock.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, if this is restatement, then sorry for being a n00b, but I thought this would be nice to know.

Original article here: http://code.google.com/p/chronicdev/wiki/OptionsPlist

*** MODIFY FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ***
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Don't you think doing all that has the potential to MASSIVELY RUIN YOUR IPHONE
  3. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, uh, it's just modifying your .ipsw, do this at your own risk... Just stating a fact.
  4. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well its nice to know about this xD for other developers or hackers o.o watever you call em xD
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    nice. pretty good.
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Its the rootfs key that needs to be found, I've tried every method that worked for 2.0 betas apart from one