iPhone 3G Iphone 3g Pre-paid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xanmato, Jul 24, 2010.

1. xanmato

xanmato New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I sold my 8gb 3rd gen ipod touch, to buy a iphone 3g 16gb(no xtra money needed)so I could try out the android os on the iphone, but since i'll be getting an iphone and i have no phone of my own. I decided I might as well get a prepaid plan as well. I've searched Google and I couldn't find any answers to my questions. How would I go about buying a sim card for a pre-paid plan? Do I just walk into an ATT/T-Mobile phone store and request a sim card for a pre-paid plan and put money on it? What requirements are there besides jail breaking and unlocking the Iphone? Do I have to do something special to the SIM Card?
  2. venaum

venaum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    buy the iphone and the contrac separately just make sure that the iphone is open with that carrier
  3. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just go to somewhere like walmart and buy a prepaid at&t phone. That's what I have and plan on using in my iPhone.
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After you get the phone go onto ATT and say you want to buy a prepaid sim card but just the sim card because you already have an old phone which you can use. The key point is not to tell them you have an iphone because they will be confused and make you get the iphone plan
  5. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you're prepaid there's no way they can make you get any iphone plan. I'm using a blackberry right now on mine and they aren't charging me for any internet plan.
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They cant make you, but if they run an imei check of the phone and realize you have an iphone they will automatically add the data to your bill or acount without you actually knowing.