iPhone 3G iphone 3g not connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pb7280, Apr 3, 2009.

1. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

hey guys ive recently updated my iphone 3g (rogers, 8gb, jailbroken 2.2.1) billing (took effect march 25) and almost everything is working. Caller id, 2500 text, ect. But today, my celluar data isn't working. im in my school, and im getting reception for 3g and edge, according to the icon on the status bar. So i should be connected right, but no when i browse the web or anything it says its not connected. i went on my rogers page and it still says that i get 500mb data, which ive only used 6 of. i don t get it it was working fine yesterday.

thx for any help
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Ok, this is not a 100% sure to work fix, but it has helped me in the past.

Sometimes after i go out of signal range and then back in, its says i have the connection but i have the same problem as you. What i have found to work is:

Go into the Settings App, and hit airplane mode on. Wait a second or a few then flick it back off. This will force the phone to find the connections again.
    It may flash full bars and 3G then go to 0 bars and no data for a second. After that it should find the network again.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I'm only guessing that since you have it unlocked Rogers is not the carrier you are supposed to be on? If so I believe you need to change the APN settings to whatever it is supposed to be for Rogers. If Rogers is the "correct" carrier than try to do a network reset.

I can't test it for you but here is what a search yielded for the Rogers APN settings (this information might be outdated):

Settings –> General –> Network –> Cellular Data Network
    Enter the following settings:
    APN: internet.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap

Hopefully that helps.