iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Jailbreak and Unlock Problems! Help Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cvetee, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Cvetee

Cvetee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys, Im pretty tech savvy when it comes to Jailbreaking iPods and Jailbreaking/Unlocking iPhones, but i believe I've hit a wall and i'm not able to bypass it as yet.

So here is my story ~

I had bought an iPhone 3G, and the guy said that he could unlock it and jailbreak it for me to get it working on my carrier which was '3 Network' and then I can upgrade anytime I like.. So I went with the deal, and it ended up working very well. However I wasn't satisfied with the 3.0 firmware because it was missing some of the better features that the latest ones have atm.. so not knowing about all the problems with latest firmware recently, I ended up upgrading to 3.1.3 firmware for my iPhone. Upgrade went smoothly until iTunes came up with a message saying, that the SIM card is not supported in this iPhone, can you please insert one that does.. i said to myself, the only SIM card I have is '3 Network'! So after pondering on it for a few days, I tried to fix he problem myself by taking on the same procedures as if I were to Jailbreak or Restore my iPhone.. I tried downgrading it from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, it didn't work and came up with the 1015 error.. I tried getting it back to 3.0 firmware and using Redsnow 0.8 but the 'Downloading Jailbreak Data' was on the screen for so long, even after the procedure was done... So does anyone know, if I can downgrade my iPhone, from 3.1.3 to 3.X.X on a Mac, and then Jailbreaking it and Unlocking it! Or if I get a working SIM card for the iPhone, is there a Jailbreak and Unlock for 3.1.3?

Thanks a tonne

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cvetee
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can jailbreak on 3.1.3, no unlock tho
    You can try downloading the .ipsw for 3.1.2 and then shift+restore to it
  3. Cvetee

Cvetee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Do you reckon they will soon figure out an Unlock for it? Have you guys heard anything as of yet?

Ive tried that already on iTunes 9. I get through to downgrading it, but right at the end whilst its finishing it comes up with an error 1015...
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    next firmware release or ipad release phone release will the next the next jailbreak be released. rumured
  5. Cvetee

Cvetee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok well that sucks slightly hahaa but thanks J-Phone.. Ok well I have progressed further slightly.. I have done the 3.1.2 downgrade with iTunes again, and waited for the 1015 error. Then as the phone was in Recovery Mode, i had kicked it out of Recovery Mode with QuickPwn and now its in the Emergency Phone stage. Does this mean that downgrading it to 3.1.2 firmware was a success?

Now I kicked it out of recovery mode on Windows, and the other problem I face is that I dont want my iPhone to be restored on Windows, i just want it on my Mac? Or is it possible to have restored on both Mac and Windows?

Sorry if that last sentence didnt make sense to you, its hard to explain.. but I can further explain if needed.

Thanks

Cvetee.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can do it on either, since it has emergency call you probally restore, cant tell if you downgraded or stayed. run blackra1n now and then download blacksn0w for unlock
  7. Cvetee

Cvetee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok I finally I have my iPhone back up and running again! And if anybody is having similar problems to me then here is the method I took to get it working again. I did enormous amounts of research to get it working, so please dont get hasty on me if it doesn't work, I'm only trying to help.

ATM this Tutorial only works on iPhone 3G. I am not sure of the iPhone 2G and iPhone 3Gs. But if anyone is keen enough to try this method, please let me know if it works on those other iPhones.

So here it is, anyone who is regretting that they upgraded to Firmware 3.1.3, and has had problems, with the baseband upgrading also to 5.12.01... then here may be a method on how you may fix it.

NOTE: I am not taking any responsibility of any problems occured with peoples iPhones. This is just a simple tutorial, that I made myself, which worked great for me. This may not work for you, but it wouldnt hurt to try. However, 'Do this at your own RISK!'

IMPORTANT NOTE: It is recommended that you make sure you do not have your SIM card in your iPhone when taking on these procedures. Please be careful.

1. Download Firmware 3.1.2 from various firmware sources (e.g Felix Bruns, etc)

2. Downgrade iPhone 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 via iTunes (Option + Click Restore for Mac and Shift + Click Restore for Windows I believe?)

3. Nearing the end of the restoration, the process 'should' interrupted by a 1015 error, if not this error does not appear, you should be sweet to go along and jailbreak and unlock.

(NOTE: iPhone should be in Recovery Mode now, if 1015 error has occured.)

4. Close iTunes, but keep iPhone plugged in Computer. You must kick out or get out of recovery mode, by using QuickPwn on Windows and using its instructions.

(NOTE: There might be a method for Mac, try iRecovery. But as I have both Mac and Windows, I used Windows for this step. Follow the instructions the program gives you and you should be sweet.)

5. Now your iPhone should be in the 'Emergency Phone Status.' Keep iPhone on and leave as is.

6. Download Blackra1n, and Jailbreak the iPhone... wait for it to boot.

(NOTE: Your iPhone should have successfully booted to the springboard.. If not, keep trying Blackra1n, until it works. Or take on some other programs like PwnageTool, etc)

7. Once Blackra1n has been installed on the iPhone and it is Jailbroken, then install Cydia.

(NOTE: If you are interested in downloading the other two programs on Blackra1n, then make sure you download them 'ONE AT A TIME.' Thank you )

8. Once Cydia has downloaded and reorganized itself, it is time to 'downgrade your baseband', so download a App called 'Fuzzyband' from Cydia. Make sure you dont download, the other one which is called '3G Fuzzyband'

(IMPORTANT NOTE: Fuzzyband, will only allow the downgrade of the baseband 5.12.01 on iPhones with a Bootloader of 05.08, and Fuzzyband will tell you if you have that baseband or if you dont.)

9. Once your iPhone has downgraded, from baseband 5.12.01 to 4.26.08, you are now ready to install 'Ultrasn0w' on your iPhone from Cydia for a complete unlock.

10. Turn off you device, and then place your SIM card in.. then turn on and it should now be a working phone.

11. Once all steps have been completed, your iPhone now should be running on Firmware 3.1.2, with Baseband 4.26.08, and should be unlocked with full reception status bars

Enjoy!

p.s. Once more, I am not taking any responsibility for people wrecking their iPhones, It really shouldn't wreck it, but who knows.

p.p.s. If anyone has any queries to make, or has any further information they would like to add on, then you are more than welcome to do so.

Thank You!

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8tOUL1tDA (Talking about Downgrading Baseband via Fuzzyband)

http://www.mobilehuntz.com/2010/02/fuzzyband-downgrade-your-iphone-313.html (Downgrading baseband via Fuzzyband, and unlock with Ultrasn0w)

They are the only main ones.. The rest just let me know what you need help with.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    BTW how do i change the title of this thread? I want it to be called ~ 'Tutorial: How to Downgrade Firmware 3.1.3 as well as Downgrade Baseband 5.12.01'
  8. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good Job explaining, but there is a simpler method of jailbreaking 3g without downgrading back to 3.1.2. What you do is get Redsn0w 0.9.41 and select FW 3.1.2 once in it. Then just follow the instructions which is simply putting the phone in DFU mode and redsn0w will do its job. Oce jailbroken cydia will be on the second page and from there you can do what ^ and get fuzzyband. I cannot confirm that fuzzyband works successfully since I have bootloader 5.9. But im sure it works like a charm
  9. Cvetee

Cvetee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh Sweet thanks Ripply.. I tried using Redsn0w but I had the wrong version.. so now there is a way for Mac users

Please Register or Log in to view images

cheers