iPhone 3G iPhone 3G iOS4 Slowness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moshonas, Jun 25, 2010.

1. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    so i have updated, and jailbroken my iPhone no problem. I did DFU-update as to avoid reboot cycle. so now, my iPhone is running soooo slow that my songs skip. there is nothing physically wrong with the device so its not a bad HD or whatever. this ONLY happened right after i updated. I jailbroke it on my mac, using redsn0w but when i did it, i clicked 'add personal background (something like that)" and '' Enable backgrounding'' i havnt gotten the backgrounding of apps to work, but i have reason to say that that is the reason for my troubles. SO! my general question is does it make a difference? right now i am going to try and do it over, but without the background apps and see what happens. But i want to know if this has happened to anyone else, and if what i am going to do may solve it.

+++ Its so slow, that i cant text properly, and music takes forever to load so its pretty noticeable.
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    3G's IMO are outdated hardware. The smoothest it ran on was 2.x since it was stock. So you're gonna be suffering for awhile buddy. What if probably really slowing you down is the multitasking and walls.
  3. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My ipod is kinda slow too. I would try virtual memory but I dont think there are any virtual memory tweaks updated for 4.0 yet.
  4. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    No matter what iphone/ipod it is, if its an 8gb it will suffocate due to only 128mb ram vs 256ram 16/32 gb then comes the 512mb ram iphone4
  5. gardenislandbradda

gardenislandbradda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so then a 8gb wont work that good with 4.0?
  6. Ali-Babba

Ali-Babba New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    @gardenisland
    Yes it will. Otherwise Apple wouldn't release it for the 3G (all models).

@moshonas
    Dont enable multitasking. Its not designed for the 3G.