iPhone 3G iPhone 3g in the car

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hypervish89, Aug 22, 2010.

1. hypervish89

hypervish89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My car has the 30 pin connector which i plug into my car and listen to my iphone 3g. If I use the aux input i can even talk through the phone and listen through the cars speakers, but it doesn't work with the 30pin connector. Is there something that will let me talk through the iphone and listen through the speakers when connected through the 30pin? I'm jailbroken if that helps.
  2. Young Katbodi

Young Katbodi Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well as far as I know your car needs to have Bluetooth you can check by checking your Bluetooth menu in your iPhone.
  3. Rem0rse

Rem0rse Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeahm Katbodi is right, what you're looking for is the bluetooth, if your car doesn't support it, then there's no alternatives I dont think sorry =/.
  4. hypervish89

hypervish89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    But, It works if I use the AUX input. I only want to hear out of the car speakers not talk through the car.
    I can hear through the car when I use AUX input, but when i switch over to the 30pin connector and try making a call the iphone forces me to speak through and listen through the iphone. But with the aux input i can make a call using the iphone and listen through the car speakers.
    Let me know if you can think of something now, i wasn't as clear as i should have been earlier. Thanks
  5. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The reason it works with the Auxiliary port is because it is generic with many devices, and just plays whatever signals are sent through it.

The 30-pin dock connector is set up so it will detect when music is being played through the iPod App, and will detect when it is being used by another app. The phone app is not set up to work with the dock connector as a sound port...sorry...like everyone is saying...if your car is compatible with bluetooth, that would be ideal...Just pair your car with bluetooth...

The other thing you can do is get one of those bluetooth 3.5mm jack port adapters. It plugs into your car's Aux port and allows you to make a bluetooth connection to it and use your phone that way.

I hope I was of some help!
  6. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what about if you plug in both the 30 pin conector and the aux cable at the same time?
  7. hypervish89

hypervish89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. The Lexus has bluetooth but I prefer connecting through 30-pin so I can charge it. I can connect my iphone three ways to the car, aux, 30-pin (usb), or bluetooth. I usually do 30-pin so I can charge it.
    But, looks like I'm going to stick with using bluetooth.