iPhone 3G Iphone 3G help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vxspartan117xv, May 30, 2009.

1. vxspartan117xv

vxspartan117xv Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I have an ipod 2G which I jailbroke way back when it was in the command prompt stage but now I have a friend who is asking me how to jailbreak his 3G

I dont have an iphone so I dont want to tell him anything wrong.

He has a 3G running 2.2.1

What is unlocking? Is it the same as jailbreaking? Please direct me to the software a I need and if I have to downgrade to 2.2 please tell me how.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you dont have to downgrade it at all.. just download quickpwn
    windows quickpwn
    mac osx quickpwn
    and after you download that find the 2.2.1 restore file on the internet (google is your bestfriend) and run quickpwn and follow the on screen instructions. Its REALLY easy.
  3. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jailbreaking and unlocking are 2 different things. Jailbreaking allows the phone to get Cydia and Winterboard and some other nifty apps to make the iPhone more powerful than it already is. Unlocking it means you are allowing the phone to use carriers other than AT&T (assuming you're in the US).

If he wants to jailbreak it doesn't matter what firmware or baseband he is on (assuming it isn't 3.0 beta) you can just use quickpwn (PC) or pwnage tool (Mac) and follow the directions.

Unlocking is a different story. If he wants to unlock we need to know his baseband not just the firmware. The firmware doesn't really matter. The baseband if at 2.30 will not be unlockable (soft) unless a turbo sim is used. The BB can be downgraded with phones with 5.08 bootloader. If it is higher than that, then the BB cannot be downgraded and so you're back to getting a turbo sim. If that's the case Gevey 3G is a good one. Hope this helps you some.