iPhone 3G iphone 3g error 23

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bajami, Dec 13, 2009.

1. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh well my hubby has done it

Please Register or Log in to view images

he bought an used iphone 3g person said it only needed a battery ,battery has now been replaced (

also should mention hubby knows nothing about iphones

) i dont know much neither but maybe a little more than him

to giv an example his present phone is a motorola l7

when connected to itunes it recognises an iphone has been connected but it needs to be restored when tryin g to do that it gets error 23 it doesn't recognise any software or firmware etc... i've tried following instructions to put into dfu mode all i get is the apple nd the usb pic which if i'm right is just the itunes restore pic
    i would love some help n advice plz

from an irate housewife nd mother whom surely has better things to do

ps re- new battery, if the wrong battery has been installed would the phone do anything at all i'm a bit concerned wether the correct battery has been put in
  2. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The Dreaded Error 23...I'm pretty sure it's software oriented. my solution for it in the past has been different than a solution now. I had one back in the 3.0 days. If you're running 3.1.2, which i'm assuming since you are, since it's brand new...the process might be a little different.

What I recommend you try.

Jailbreak using Blackra1n. This SHOULD hacktivate it, and bring it to the springboard (assuming the jailbreak will work.)

Put it in DFU mode.

Restore in iTunes to factory settings.

If it's another version of firmware prior to 3.1.X, you will need to use Redsn0w.
  3. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks sparkyx i'm also thinking there could definetly be an issue with the battery too. hubby apparently bought a battery that doesn't have the connector on (he was told which one to buy) i think its one of them ones that has to be soldered but the guy who fitted the battery didn't do any soldering so hubby is gonna get a battery which has the connector on nd we'l see how we go from there,