iPhone 3G iPhone 3G dropped... Camera doesn't work now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dkr84, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Dkr84

Dkr84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Today my friend dropped my iPhone 3G on hardwood floor. No problems arose for hours. A few hours later, I went to take a picture. The camera can see fine (shows up on screen normal) but when I hit the camera button to take the pic, acts like normal, but doesn't save one or even take it! Should I buy a new one from Craig's list (it's out of warranty) or just live without a camera??? I take pictures a lot. I have $325 of allowance/Christmas saved up. Any suggestions? I don't want to open it just to replace the camera. Unless a 3GS camera would work...
  2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If your going to replace just for the camera then just buy a real camera. There are very good cameras and some as slim as the iphone for the money you have right now.
  3. Dkr84

Dkr84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, I have a Flip Mino HD, but the functionality of having it built in to the phone is really cool, and if I spent $200 for a phone, then I will at least want the camera to work. It's hard to explain

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You can ask Apple to fix it. I'm not sure how much it'll cost.
  5. Dkr84

Dkr84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Out of warranty. Also, It won't charge past 20% since the incident. I may end up getting an iPod and an LG Shine or something, if I can't find a new white iPhone 3G 16GB for $325 or less. Wish me luck.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try to restore. it might have nothing to do with the drop.
  7. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Make your idiot friend pay for it, since he dropped it.

Also try what Hellishness said, sometimes technology can just be weird. A restore would probably fix it.
  8. nathana

nathana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you want to save some bucks and you can be content with getting your phone replaced with the same thing you have now, all out-of-warranty Apple "repairs" for the iPhone, no matter what the problem, go for $200. For that $200, my understanding is that regardless of the problem, they basically replace/exchange your phone with a new or refurb one (and Apple refurbs are awesome, BTW...I dare somebody to tell a new and Apple-conducted refurb apart when they are sitting side-by-side). They'll take your phone, repair it and run it through the refurb process (all new outer plastics/glass/screen), and then put that phone back in their channel of refurb phones.

So you should be able to walk into an Apple store, slap your current phone and a couple of Benjamins down on the counter, and walk out of the store with a brand-new phone. And potentially save yourself $125 (not to mention you'll save yourself the hassle of shopping around for a new 3G phone within your price range).

-- Nathan

P.S. -- Oh yeah, and definitely try restoring first, too. And if it ends up being hardware, make your friend pay for it.

9. killerz3r0

killerz3r0 Member

Get a cheap phone for a few months, then get the iPhone 4G. Also, your "friend" should be paying a bit as well (if not all) since he's the retard that dropped your phone!
  10. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you know it kinda sucks on how easy it is to brake a iphone/ipod touch on accident if you get just a little water on it your f***ed for life if you drop it your screen get craked and they have so many probalems with dead pixels ive had tons of phones thew out the years since phones been out ive droped them got water on them and they have always worked after it but with a iphone and a ipod nope drop it ones it dosnt work you get a drop of water on it it dosnt work i think apple should really make a iphone and ipod where its not so easy to brake i know they can do it, it is possible