iPhone 3G iphone 3G Disappointment!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbay2010, Jun 10, 2008.

1. tbay2010

tbay2010 New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

I will admit, I had a lot of expectations for the new iphone 3G, so in reality i didn't expect Apple to meet all of them. But yesterday when the new iphone was released, I was terribly disappointed in the lack of new features. Besides 3G internet, GPS, and a plastic back, nothing else has really changed besides the price! Yes, a cheaper priced iphone is definitely nice, but i feel as if Apple had to leave out many, many features that just needs to be included in the worlds best phone that were left out for what I think was to reduce cost and "make it affordable for everyone." Affordability is nice, but Apple has always been known for top notch products with the highest quality possible which indeed means that they are usually more expensive that other brands. For this I have always respected Apple, because I always knew I was getting the best quality product possible at the time even if i did have to pay more for it. With the release of the new iphone 3G, I feel Apple has stepped away from its tradition and instead focussed on quantity rather than quality which leaves me utterly disappointed. Think of the many things left out of the new iphone that many people thought would definitely be included in the new model. For example, they didn't update the camera in anyway! No flash or zoom or autofocus! And most frustrating of all they didn't add the essential need of the camera to record videos which is a big reason I did not get the original iphone, because i figured the new iphone would surely record videos! There is also no front mounted camera for video conferencing which is really upsetting and something that iphone competitors already have. Screen resolution also remains unchanged at 480 x 320 when many rivals have adopted VGA. The new iphone is fatter 115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3mm verses the original's 115 x 61 x 11.6mm. There is still no announcement of flash being usable in the web browser. And another example of Apple cutting back is that it no longer comes with a dock for charging. Overall the lack of new features in the iphone 3G is more than disappointing and I'm sure that many people would be willing spend a little extra dough in order to receive a lot of those missing features. Apple has reminded me of something a PC would do. Less quality, but cheaper price so more people will buy. If everyone has an iphone it will tremendously lower the "cool factor" of having one. In conclusion, I feel that Apple has let many of its loyal customers down and I have lost a great deal of respect for the company. What do yall think?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

um, what the hell are you complaining about? if you dont like the phone dont buy it, and quantity over quality? wtf are you talking about, the iphone is the easiest and sexiest phone out there, u didnt get a few features, quit crying.
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what you don't understand is that Apple is including more features for about $200 dollars less than, so it may lacking some features but it still is a much more powerful tool for less than the original iPhone.
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if they added more features it would be more expensive and you would still be complaining
  5. tbay2010

tbay2010 New Member

okay sounds like I offended those who can't afford a more expensive iphone. I would of much rather spent more money for a phone that had a video camera or many of the other missing features. I'm not saying that the iphone is a bad phone. It's still by far the world's best phone and is the sexiest looking phone too. And ill be in line to get one July 11th I just think apple left out too much in order to cut the price
  6. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this thread sucks. dont cry about the iPhone 3G cuz it owns!!!
  7. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

u realize that apple didnt cut the price right? AT&T subsidized it.
  8. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I dont care about all that. IM STILL BUYING ONE!!

Do you know HOW MANY babes i could get with an iPhone!?
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    are u joking?

the iPhone is brilliant!
    even thought the camera is 2MP and doesnt have flash. well i dont give a s**t about that
    i have a 5Mp one and thats brilliant

the iPhone wasnt designed for camera use, the camera is only a occasional thing, the iphone was built more PDA like than camera like
    lol same! but do u believe how many the Samsung Armani gets? loads! coz all the girls think ur in fashion. which i am

10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I don't buy all kinds of things I don't like and I don't even complain about it.