iPhone 3G, Can I do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dodgy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    hi, my iPhone 3G's Power button and Home button do not make the satisfying click feelings...and it just doesn't feel right, doesn't feel like my iPhone 1st gen.

Anywho, I don't have a receipt or any proof of purchase can I send it off to Apple to get a new one...or just to fix those buttons?

The phone is basically brand new.

Thanks.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I believe the hardware that produces that feel is different on the new models so no.
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, having had my touch then geting the new 3G, i have found that that "clicky" feeling actually coems with age. It feels smooth at first but then starts to degrade. Once you wear it in a bit i think you will be happy.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You know what really sucks. When you have to hold a button for a long time and you start to press harder and harder and it feels like you're gonna break it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. hack4

hack4 New Member

From what I've been told Apple usually won't offer an exchange based on button feel. You can always call support and try, but I don't expect you'll have much luck. (I've gone through this with a few friends -- we all have different feeling buttons on our iPhones.)