iPhone 3G iPhone 3G - Bottom Area Touch Screen won't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkjaksrevenge, Oct 8, 2010.

1. darkjaksrevenge

darkjaksrevenge New Member

Hey Guys,

I've got an iPhone 3G which does not respond to anything in the bottom part of the screen, I cannot slide to unlock it however. I can hold the power button and successfully slide to power it off. I can also double tap the home button and successfully skip tracks and play music.

Overall, the Touch Screen seems to work in the top half of the screen and does not work on the bottom screen. I have done reset's and recovery's, my question is does this likely sound like I need to replace the Digitizer?

I have no problem replacing it and just want to make sure the Digitizer is the problem before buying one.

Thanks!
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes. The digitizer is the problem.
  3. Merlevede

Merlevede Guest

touch error on iphone

I had the same problem with my Iphone. I tried rebooting, updating but nothing works. Then I opened the Iphone by unscrewing the bottom 2 screws and then by using a suction-cup I removed the bottom from the front. You can find a lot of instructions videos on youtube.com. Then I checked connector 1,2 and 3 and reconnected them, closed my Iphone and the touch screen worked perfectly.