iPhone 3G and The Fido Guy

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by TheConqueror, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

OK guys, i recently found out some new things about the iPhone 3G by talking to some phone companies at the mall..

I talked to a Fido employee and i asked him if its true they were going to supply the iphone. He said yes. A while later i came back and asked him "I head that apple said that you have to sign a 3 year contract with rogers in store when you buy your iphone 3G, do i also have to sign a 3 year contract with you?" He said, "Well actually apple just sells us the iPhones and we decide how long we want the contract to be, if any" .. then he covered up his statement by saying "Well i was on vacation the last couple of days, so i dont know all the newest information, so if you want i can search that up for you bud" , i just told him no thank you, because i see he had other customers and they were getting pretty pissed

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

just posted it in a more popular thread. i found out that its not FOR SURE that we need to sign a 3 year contract..thats not very hard to understand
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh Ok. Whats Fido and isn't rogers the only GSM network in Canada? I'm almost positive they are the only GSM network in Canada. So even if you can get it without a contract the only network you can use it with is rogers.

So no contract means what to Canada?
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Rogers is the parent company of Fido, and Fido also has a GSM network.

On another note, considering the new rules introduced today, I would think before you post two identical threads in two different sections [iPhone, WWDC 2008 discussions]. Just a helpful tip, I wouldn't recommend doing that again.