iOS 4.0 Iphone 3g and multitasking-my view

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by loop4444, Jun 27, 2010.

1. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So ive been using GM release,first non JB,then i jailbroke it,then i used offical release JB with multitasking and walls enabled,then i restored to non jb official to see how well it runs,and now im on official with no walls,just multitasking.

Im writing this just so you know i tested it in different situations. Thing is-it runs just fine. I never really wanted or needed TRUE multitasking i dont need 10 apps open (who use more then 3-4 apps at the time anyway) i iust wanted to be able to use those cool API-s,audio and gps to be exact.

I tested audio with pandora,gps with runkeeper pro and i also did a bit of evernote testing (recording a note while doing something else). All 3 apps on my 3g runned with no problems and not even 1 crash. Runkeeper was turbo awesome,btw. And while i tested those apps i also had basic stuff running-ipod,sms,mail and phone. Minimal or no lag at all,not even 1 crash. I am sure my 3g wouldent handle dozen of apps open,especially not with native wallpapers enabled-thats just a killer for him. Rather just install winterboard. Also,i installed remove recents from cydia so my multitasking dock shows apps that are REALLY running,and not all of last 30 apps i used. My point is this- multitasking on 3g-why not! It runs very well if you dont force it like crazy,you can have stock apps + 2,3 other apps open the whole time no problem at all.

Apple,you really could give us a choice.
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They want more money, your 2 generations down. Apple dont want that.
  3. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True,true.