[iPhone 3g] Add voice commands to GPS!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by gr33n, Dec 31, 2008.

1. gr33n

gr33n New Member

if your really going to use the gps for your 3g, it would be niiiiiiiiiice to have it talk to you. anyone agree?
  2. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes and also have it so you could say things in blocks, similar to Tom Clancy's EndWar. In EndWar you would say "Unit 1" "Attack" "Alpha" You could easily apply this to the iPhone eg. "Go to" "Home" or "Go to" "Recent" [At this point a menu would come up showing recently enetered searches and directions] "[Then you could either click on the list, or say one]"

Another thing that bugs me about the GPS, is sometimes the maps dont refresh, and it seems as if you're in the middle of a 2D Geometric maze, with a blue dot in the middle. Also, when the GPS becomes out of sync, it will place you like off the road, eg. I was going down the road and happened to notice that [if the GPS was actually being true] I was in the middle of a park at a speed of 40 MPH. Slightly after, I was driving through a set of terraced houses at 60 MPH. It really bugs me, Apple need to fix it
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Possible, but that would take lots of coding. And also the iPhone 3G is for a world audience so you will need different apps for different countries maybe. Like a indian accent might not be recongized by a app programmed to reconigize a irish one. That, or just pile all voices into one app.