iOS 3.1 iPhone 3G 8gb won't jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by klub242, Oct 16, 2009.

1. klub242

klub242 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi, I'm having the weirdest problem trying to jailbreak my friend and his brother's two 8gb iphone 3g's (3g, not 3g). Nearly every time I try, it hangs up with the blackra1n program saying "running" and the phone showing the connect to itunes screen. One time after restarting, one of them did jailbreak, but after installing cydia from blackra1n, it crashed a few seconds after opening, every single time. I also tried it on another computer, still same problem. Both computers are windows xp, logged on as admin accounts.
    Any suggestions?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    restore and try again or get someone with a mac and use pwnage tool
  3. akashb91

akashb91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i keep getting the same problem. after clicking on make it ra1n, it hangs at running. ive restarted my computer, and now restoring. any other suggestions?
  4. myadb7

myadb7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know if this is true but i've heard that the reason it wont jailbreak is because it wasnt jailbroken on 3.0.

i dont see how that makes a difference, but ive had trouble jailbreaking my new iphone 3g for a week with blackra1n. Will it definately work on a mac? because i have access to a mac
  5. klub242

klub242 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Huh, there's an interesting point. MY 3g was jailbroken on 3.0, updated and unjailbroken to 3.1, and then jailbroke in 30 seconds. Neither my friend nor his brother were ever jailbroken before now on each of their 3G
  6. akashb91

akashb91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so do you think that i should try and downgrade to 3.0 jb then upgrade to nonjailbroken firmware and then jailbreak? is it even possible to downgrade now that apple doesnt sign the fw anymore?
  7. ~Chris~

~Chris~ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch