Iphone 3G, 3G problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whitecracker, Nov 3, 2009.

1. whitecracker

whitecracker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The problem is that if i activate 3G i get the message that there is no service. If i disable the 3G it gets the signal back and everything works.
    I bought the iphone a week ago from a guy and untill this sunday it worked like a charm on 3G.
    I tried restoring the firmware. Still the same problem.
    The firmware is 3.1.2. Jailbroken. Software unlocked with ultrasn0w. Baseband is 4.26 .

I really hope it's a software problem. Can it be a hardware issue?
  2. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You say its unlocked. What carrier are you using? The 3g will not work with T-Mobile. You need to disable 3g for it to only try to pick up edge.

Victor
  3. whitecracker

whitecracker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm from Romania. Using Vodafone. Carrier in About is 5.0 . 3G worked for about 5 days. I passed through an area without coverage, lost the network and since then i can't get 3G back on.
  4. whitecracker

whitecracker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Go back to the area you had the 3G coverage after a fresh restore, like re-download the firmware via iTunes by plugging in your iPhone and then clicking restore when it's in DFU mode. Then go jailbreak and unlock via Blackra1n RC3 and set up as a new phone, this should fix it.

Try turning Airplane mode on and then right back off first though, that fixed this issue with me.
  6. whitecracker

whitecracker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Upgraded to 5.11 baseband with clean restore, then jailbreak & unlock with blackra1n. Still the same problem. Tried everything, airplane mode, reset network settings.
    I don't know for sure if the 3G transceiver in the phone is separate from the 2G one. I'm almost certain that it's a hardware problem.
  7. bboymainone

bboymainone Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have a same problem, - i thought it was only me
  8. jeffsm3

jeffsm3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im curious about this also.. same thing for me
  9. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    is there an official iphone carrier in romania?

if so try and get an official sim card on pay as you go and test an official sim
  10. whitecracker

whitecracker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Orange is the official carrier in Romania. I tried it with an orange sim. No 3G. Only Edge.
    I called an official service and they said they only solve software problems. Considering the number of times i restored the software i could open my own store.
    They also said that the only hardware service in Romania is Orange and that they only repair the phones they sold. So no luck.
    Do any of you, bboymainone and jeffsm3, have warranties on your phones? If you do, you could take them back.