iPhone 3G Iphone 3g 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kasaki, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, well I've been here for a while but left. Anyways am back with an iphone and I have some questions. I already caught up on black ra1n and stuff so its jailbroked and unlicked. But here is my question is there a way to unlock it without blackra1n? if I could get to a mac maybe use pwnage tool? and I already googled and we can't get 3g on t--mobile? (to make sure )
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You can use Pwnage Tool or blackra1n for the jailbreak.

For the unlock you can use blacksn0w (from Geohot) or Ultrasn0w (from the Dev Team).

You are correct on the 3G; the iPhone will not get 3G with T-Mobile.
  3. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As far as blackra1n or pwnage does pwnage stop the tethering? or does it require it ?
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

It will be an untethered jailbreak regardless.

The tethered jailbreak is only on some 3GS's and the iPod Touch 3G's.
  5. hulmifcub

hulmifcub New Member

How to Activate iPhone Tethering With Firmware 3.1.2 (3G and 3GS)

Now that Geohot has released the blackra1n RC3 jailbreaking tool, activating tethering on an iPhone 3G or 3GS is a snap. Many international users already have tethering, meaning they can share their iPhone data connection with a computer. AT&T does not offer this option in the US.

Fortunately it's never been simpler to tether if your iPhone is running the latest firmware (3.1.2). Follow these steps to activate tethering, just keep in mind you are breaking all kinds of agreements with AT&T and Apple in the process.

- First go to blackra1n.com to download and run the blackra1n RC3 jailbreak.

- After reboot, your iPhone is jailbroken. Find the blackra1n app installed on your iPhone and run the application.

- Touch “sn0w” and then the Install button in the upper right to install blacksn0w.

- Your iPhone is now unlocked. Open the web browser on your iPhone and go to the address: http://m.peacefulinsanity.com/Tether.mobileconfig

- Click install and confirm to update your IPCC file (carrier settings).

- Reboot your iPhone. Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Internet Tethering -> ON.

- Now your computer or laptop can borrow your iPhone's data connection using USB or Bluetooth.

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how do I know which ones need it?
  7. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    *UPDATE*
    My iphone is not connecting to edge for t-mobile, I go to settings and the options for the network stuff such as apn is not there, I've tried re jailbreaking re unlocking , and neither worked I re entered the stuff and it didnt work.
    I am on 3.1.2 and I have the newer baseband