iPhone 3G iphone 3g 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dle24, Feb 15, 2009.

1. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Here's the situation, I'm thinking about purchasing this iphone 3g 8gb on craigslist for 300 but it has firmware 2.2.1 with the latest baseband that isn't vulnerable to yellowsnow. I've read around on other forums that if you download an iphone custom firmware 2.2.1 which replaced the newer baseband with the 02:28:00 baseband, will I be able to restore to that and be able to use yellowsnow unlock to make it work with t-mobile. It will help me very much if someone can answer this question. Thanks
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Ummm; not sure where you've "read around" but once a 3G is on 2.30.03 you can't unlock it (yet). You can still JailBreak it but you cannot change the baseband.

The best you can do for now is to get a Rebel Sim or Turbo Sim. Supposedly they work but they are sketchy.
  3. TomboFry

TomboFry Member

What's Baseband? Is it something from America? Because I'm from the UK and probably wouldn't know. Or is it something else (eg. Apple Made it)?
    Because I'm thinking about getting an iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G and I just wanted to know.