iPhone 3G,2.0.2 Jailbroken, nomore iTunes Connectivity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j000lie, Sep 1, 2008.

1. j000lie

j000lie New Member

Hey Guy's, does someone of u know this Problem?

iTunes say's "itunes could not connect to iphone because an invalid response was received from device".

this was just after i jailbroke (winpwn2.5) using newest Firmware 2.0.2 5C1.

Thanks, cheers =)
    jooolie
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried turning it on/off?
    Using a different USB?
    Trying a different computer?
    Putting it into DFU mode?
  3. j000lie

j000lie New Member

Thanks for fast reply mate!

I've tried a different Computer and newer/older iTunes.
    I guess it will work in DFU mode, restore is possible.

Danm, i thought i could upload my MP3's using SSH :-(

also need Vnsea, can't get it running... used ssh to transfer the unpacked Files as I dont have "Installer". Only got Cydia and i have no idea how 2 get ether the Installer or Vnsea running (as Cydia does not supply Vnsea)...

Cheers
  4. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure if you can upload MP3s using your method (If I'm wrong, then someone feel free to correct me).

Unfortunately I'm not on firmware 2.0.2 so I don't know how it works exactly, but I'm pretty sure you can download Installer from within Cydia.
    If you manually copy files across, you'll need to set their permissions to 755 (I think).

Once again, you'll need to find guides on how to do this but it should solve your problem. I would say, but I download all my apps from Installer, so have never really needed to copy them across.

Hope you can get it working!
  5. j000lie

j000lie New Member

Yeah thanks,

building new IPSW now (with both installers). Just hope get this iTunes problem solved, cauz i really like the iTunes delivered with iPhone.

If building new ISPW does not work i'll use VLC and SSH-Filetransfer, but its not a really satisfying solution.

Cheers
  6. mxfreak9

mxfreak9 New Member

Hey the same problem is happening with my iphone 3g running 2.0.1.. as soon as i plug it into my pc, itunes error pops up and says "itunes could not connect to iphone because an invalid response was received from device". if i was to put it in DFU would it erase all my stuff?

btw, i used winpwn 2.5 and quickpwned it..

Thanks
  7. j000lie

j000lie New Member

aswell! But hey, mine is working now! After building new IPSW (2.0.2 5C1) changing no Logos, no Activation, no YoutubeFix but Cydia & Installer!

might was a problem changing the Logos, as i wanted to see a penguin @ boottime

Please Register or Log in to view images

afterwards i did a itunes-restore and all my stuff is back.

but still got a problem installing Vnsea. :-(
    1. I cannot find ONE repository supplying Vnsea (neither Installer4 nor Cydia)
    2. installing manually cauzes Vnsea to close immediately (2secs) after showing Vnsea Bootscreen

any Ideas?
    @mxfreak9: you should be fine after doing the same i did (IPSW@noChanges)
  8. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The problem of it closing automatically is probably because you've not changed the permissions. SSH into your iPod and change us CHMOD to change the permissions of the app file to 755.
  9. j000lie

j000lie New Member

tried that....even with all rights. No success

10. standinginrain

standinginrain New Member

I have the same problem too using winpwn 2.5 and quickpwning it. My itunes gives me the same error message. I'm new to jailbreaking though so i don't know what I'm doing

------------------double post merged------------------
    ok I got it to work, I found a useful post here:

http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/pwnage/321011-unable-connect-itunes-after-winpwn.html

basically I just deleted the lockdown folder and pluged in my ipod and it finally detected it.

I would like to know how I can get installer on my ipod because after jailbreaking, only cydia appeared.