Iphone 3.0 downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by killaxx, Apr 9, 2009.

1. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright so I have an iPhone 3g running the 3.0 firmware. I'm trying to downgrade it to 2.2.1. So far I've tried a regular restore, shift restore to a custom 2.2.1 firmware, both of those in DFU mode. The only thing i can restore back to is 3.0. So how would I go about downgrading it.
  2. gtnateam23

gtnateam23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I just did this same thing to mine yesterday it took me a while but I figured it out I deleted all the ipod software jailbreaking software included of of my computer then i reinstalled itunes again then i installed the quickfreedom(quickfreedom.com) then i went to tys page(tysiphonehelp.com) and downloaded the 2.2.1 firmware again the i started my itunes with my itouch plugged in and placed it in dfu mode and that kicked it over to wher i could restore my ipod so i setup quickfreedom with the custom firmware even though you have the firmware from tys page go ahead and when you get to the step in quick freedom go ahead and create it with the quickfreedom option follow all the steps and when u go back to itunes to hit shift and restore get the created firmware that u created from quick freedom that should be saved on your desktop.
  3. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Any other ideas
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

i dont think you can. i read that when you put a beta on your phone, it locks it into beta mode so you cant downgrade. sorry to burst your bubble.
  5. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Not really my bubble more of my friends, but can anyone confirm that?
  6. gtnateam23

gtnateam23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im telling you i installed beta on my ipod touch last night and i did everything i told you and it restored it babck too 2.2.1
  7. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm not saying it didn't I' just getting a large range of suggestions to tell my friend, rather than just one after the other.
  8. gtnateam23

gtnateam23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I understanfd i spent like three hours trying to figure that out and i was glad it actually worked. depending on if and what the ipod or iphone is jailbroke with in the beginning you miht be stuck with beta until they come out with some new apps or jailbreeaking programs for it
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Download 2.2.1 Ipsw> downgrade iTunes> Dfu mode> restore. You still have 3.0 baseband
  10. killaxx

killaxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    downgrade to which itunes