iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by _Syn, Oct 31, 2009.

1. _Syn

_Syn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My cousin gave me his old iPhone 2G cause he got the 3GS. I'm just wondering if I can unlock it, but don't use EDGE on it as I don't have the plan. So could I just use the regular network, and WiFi if needed. Or does it have to have EDGE?
  2. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No! You can turn it off. easy way to do it-install sbsettings from cydia.
  3. _Syn

_Syn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it guaranteed to not give me any extra charges?

And yes, I have SBSettings installed. But everytime I swipe the statusbar, the SBSettings doesn't appear. :$
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    try a respring or reboot then maybe SBSettings will work. and just toggle it off and you wont be charged. i have used a iphone 2G with my sim card and they didnt charge me.
  5. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    No you won't get any extra charges on your T-mobile plan because ATT (iPhone) can't charge you for a plan you don't have with them x]
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The only way you can get any charges if you actually do use the network for some reason, not sure how it works with T-Mobile or whatever carrier your on but here you get charged by the KB's or MB's depends which carrier your with here.

However,
    As suggested, jailbreak your device, get SBSettings or BossPref's and toggle off the EDGE and 3G and it'll just connect for calls and texts, which is what I assume you want?
  7. _Syn

_Syn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm on Rogers Canada by the way.

Thanks for all the help guys. The iPhone 2G is weird. My iPod Touch is super sensitive when it comes to the SBSettings, but the iPhone 2G needs to be touched from the carrier sign to the middle for it to drop down the menu. And the three touch parts of the keypad, where it says the signs, space and Go, it's very hard to press now, but I assume that's hardware difficulties not software.