iPhone 2G, Wont work with Pwnage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WirelessMonkey, Jan 25, 2009.

1. WirelessMonkey

WirelessMonkey New Member

Firstly, i'd like to say that I'm fed up! This bloody iPhone wont unlock, Pwnage just wont be smart and work.

Basically, when it gets to the instructions to enter DFU i do EXACTLY as it says, the iphone is off, im holding down the buttons and NOTHING happens, the screen stays black, the so called "Pwnage" freezes on a mac! And itunes displays an error. Btw im on OSX Leopard, and trying to unblock on 2.1. And my internet is so slow here it took 2 hours to download that firmare.

Can someone PLEASE help me? Why is this being such a pain? My iPhone 3G unlocked so easy. Whats up with this phone?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Most likely you have the 10.5.6 update for OS X and it won't allow DFU mode. You should use Quickpwn for it anyway but regardless not going to work on 10.5.6. There is a mod you can do to your mac to fix but I have heard mixed results.
  3. WirelessMonkey

Okay, can i do it with my sh*tty vista laptop? if so, lol. Vista pwns mac?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes, transfer the firmware to your PC and then get a copy of Quickpwn for windows. It's very simple to use.
  5. WirelessMonkey

Okay, now it's been Jailbroken, and i ticked the Unlock box. However when i put an orange or t mobile or normal o2 sim into the phone, i get the "Different sim detected connect to itunes" Error. How do i get this to go away?
  6. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wirelessMonkey - there are two steps to the process...jailbreak, and unlock. It sounds like your phone did not unlock correctly.