iPhone 2G won't shut down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CurveBall, Aug 5, 2009.

1. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi everybody,

I've got a problem with an iPhone 2G. I wanted to restore my iPhone 2G (firmware 2.2.1) because a thought I had a bug: the phone always rebooted when I tried to shut it down. When I slided the "slide to power off", I got the spinning wheel, and then the screen turned off for about 1-2 seconds. Then the Apple logo appeared and it was booting again.
    So, I though it would be fixed if I did a restore to 2.2.1 again. I restored it and got the "connect to iTunes" (since I'm using a unsupported SIM card I need to jailbreak) and I tried the to shut it down at that moment (before I jailbroke) to see if the problem was fixed with a new OS on the phone, but no, I got the same problem. After the screen turns off, it reboots again.
    Then I tried to update to OS 3.0 (I was holding back on that one because it would make my iPhone 2G slow), same problem. I jailbroke with redsn0w and unlocked with BootNeuter but I still can't shut my phone down.

Since I could not shut it down after a full restore, I have been thinking that it's a hardware problem. But maybe you guys can tell me something that I don't know yet so that it turns out to be a software problem so that I'm able to fix it.

thank you very much in advanced!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Try turning it off by holding both of the button for 10 seconds.

If its the same, then it must be hardware.
  3. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, it reboots instantly. So it's a hardware problem? Does anybody know something else I can try?
  4. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Open terminal on the iPhone and type "su root" when it asks for password enter "alpine" Once your in root type "halt" and hit enter. Mobile Teriminal can be found in Cydia.
  5. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It reboots again.
  6. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Does anybody know something else i can do??