iPhone 2G WiFi Issue / Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Veritas06, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got a 4Gig iPhone 2G off eBay, jailbroke & unlocked it & it's been working great. It's a little scuffed up, but nothing major. It's been working great up until now. I cannot get it to connect to WiFi. The router is in my room so it's not as if the signal is too weak. I tried doing the 'Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings' but it still wouldn't connect. I'm guess the WiFi adapter broke somehow (possibly from use?, not sure how long the phone was used before i got it)?

Assuming it is broken, i'm out an iPhone, right? If i went to the Apple Store (removing my SIM card of course) & told them about it, is there any chance they would give me a replacement? Or would they try to look up my AT&T account to be sure i have one? I tried searching here & Google, & couldn't find any other similar posts.

~Thanks in advance.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

restore it
    if not then
    send it back to the guy on ebay
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Most probably, but restore and remove jailbreak firmware, or else the warranty won't cover(make sure the warranty is active, if not, add some more).
  4. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I restored & jailbroke, but still no wifi (even without the jailbreak =\). I've been searching around & saw that they may ask for my AT&T number if i go to the Apple Store. At the moment i have an AT&T SIM in there however it's a Pay-As-You-Go (well, it's actually a Pre-Paid Plan) but would that be good enough to get a replacement? If they look up my account will they be able to see that it's Pre-Paid versus a 2 year contract & then not replace it?