Iphone (2g) urgent help !!!!!!1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ramoz, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ramoz

ramoz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I have a 4 gig iphone (2g) which i jailbreaked and unlocked to version 2.2.1

problem is

No SIM card installed.
    i'm wondering if it is because i did the unlocking, jailbreaking wrong ( i didn't have any problems with the process , it went perfect)

or because

previously i had a problem with the sim tray not going into the iphone. it would go like 95% of the way in then stop. i thought it might be something that got bent and is blockin the way, so i put some little thing in and wedged it into place. ( i can put the sim tray with the sim card in now)

i'm tryin to use the iphone with Rogers or Fido. (Cell phone providors)
    didn't work with either.

this is the second time i jailbreak/unlock my iphone. ( the sim tray problem happened before the second time around of jailbreaking/unlocking.

HELP!!!!!!!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If one of the pins that reads the SIM card got bent up and then "wedged" out of place it could easily not be reading the SIM.

I'd take the SIM tray out and look down the SIM hole for anything that is obviously FUBAR'd. It might not be that easy to see but that is my guess.

Conrgatulations on turning your iPhone into an iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ramoz - you may want to retry the process WITHOUT the Sim installed.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yup there is your problem. Google for instructions to take it apart and try to bend the contacts back and remove whatever was blocking the way in the first place.