iPhone 2G Unable to Go into DFU Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawfuls, Apr 22, 2010.

1. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, my friend finally brought the phone back to me, to take a look at and attempt to unlock it.
    The person she just gave it to completely messed stuff up, had a tethered jailbreak on it somehow (I have no idea.. Everytime it shut off it would be kaput until I launched up redsn0w/blackra1n to reboot it.

Well, the first few times of jailbreaking, it never went through the unlocking process (bootneuter) so I said what the heck, I'll do it again, tried to do it again, no go, restored it, attempted to, but the iPhone wouldn't unlock via bootneuter. Restored again (Keep in mind this is 3.1.3 and iPhone 2G), and it would just NOT go into DFU mode, I tried different cables, computers, USB ports, etc, nothing, nada.

Does anyone have any advice/tips/tutorials at this point?

PLEASE let me know!
    Thanks..
  2. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    DFU shouldnt have a screen message, you know that right? It should just be black... if that doesnt work, jsut resotre in recovery mode
  3. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yup, I know.
    It would show like lines, such as, the apple, it would show lines, very lightly (shining a light you can see it), as it was forced off.

If it was in recovery mode, computer wouldn't recognize it either..