iPhone 2g speakers stopped working!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Contagon, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Contagon

Contagon Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright so my iPhone worked great the whole tim I've had it. Then the last few days it's just completely stopped vibrating and the speakers don't work anymore. I figure it's from 1 of 2 things.

I tried it in my Sony iHome.
    I tried the VM mod seen here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288228

Any fix? I plan or restoring it soon too.
  2. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I assume that you have completely powered it off and back on? If so, probably best option is a restore. That would completely rule out a software issue. If after restore it doesn't work, it's not gonna.

You said you tried it in your iHome..did you have audio there? (That uses the data port on the bottom correct?) And lastly, have you tried the headphone jack?
  3. Contagon

Contagon Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yup, I've tried several reboots. And it has a data port on the bottom. I'm not getting anything through the headphone jack either, and I forgot to mention that my battery percent won't change now unless I reboot and videos won't play. So I'm hoping it's a software issue.
  4. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, that sounds like a OS issue. That or maybe the logic board/processor. The external speaker, connector port, and the headphone jack are all seperate pieces of hardware, so you can rule out a bad speaker then.
  5. Contagon

Contagon Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yup, restore fixed it. Thanks!