iphone 2g slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SwitcH77, Dec 18, 2009.

1. SwitcH77

SwitcH77 Member

Hi ,

i do have iphone first gen. in mint condition , never felt off or anythin , and
    lately when im turning my apps of , like calendar or mail or whatever , there stopped beying the shutdown scene u know? now its like frozen for second and just home screen shows up .
    Dunno if you know what i mean , and i knwo its just a tiny issue , but still its not that nice.
    Im restarting iphone every 2 days and is connected to itunes almost every day.

Thanks
  2. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have you tried restoring your iPhone? That may help.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I noticed when my iPhone's been running for a long time, I mean like when it has a lot of data on it, notes, missed calls, text messages, music, videos, photos and apps it slows down to a crawl gradually getting worse and worse. I do a restore every month, it cleans it out, get's rid of the stuff I don't need and I set-up as a new iPhone and it runs perfectly fine.

Do a restore! If your really concerned about your performance, don't jailbreak. Along with that, the older iPhone has a tad bit different hardware set-up, therefor the newer and higher-end app's will cause lag. Just like a new game would on a old computer, think of it that way.
  4. SwitcH77

SwitcH77 Member

Thanks for reply brendanm .. im restoring almost every 2 months , but its true that i never set up new iphone ... im using backup method ... i rly have a lot of numbers in the memory so it would be impossible to set up new iphone ... is there any other way?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay i did it with no contact loss ... thanks again for help mates