iPhone 2g or iPod Touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Parker618, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well think about it if the new ipod touch has a camera and a mic and built in speakers then wont it just be the same as a iPhone? so rather than wait why not buy a iPhone off craigslist or ebay?
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iphones waaaay fatter....but thats the only drawback that i see. i was looking into this, but when you buy something used, theres always a risk, and the iphones seem to be more expensive than ipod touches. also, if you wanna buy one new, its $700, which is absolutely ridiculous.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Double the RAM. Better processor. Better battery life. Warranty will still be in effect. Slimmer.
  4. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1) No it's not that much fatter, if you've own both at the same time you would know that

Please Register or Log in to view images

2) iPhone 2G 8GB's in good condition are 200$ on craigslist so I don't know where your getting 700$ from

3)There is no risk when buying a used iPhone because if you inspect it and see that it hasn't been dropped or water damaged it will be fine.

I would get the iPhone 2G 8GB, and you save money. Any iPhone is gonna be better then an iPod Touch.
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i guess you're right about the thickness, i only have my opinion from using them in Apple stores

i meant that iphones are $700 new (3Gs) without a contract.

i was just saying that when buying things used, in general, without warranties, there is always a risk of some underlying problem that you may not see upon initial inspection.

and for all we know, the new ipod touch may be 200 for a 16 gig, brand new, if they decide to add a 64gig edition and drop the 8.